20 October 2005

No Pants?!?!

I stepped out of my front door today wearing a t-shirt and underwear. Upon closing the door behind me when I stepped back inside, I had no control over the smile that started taking over my face.

It was nearly like being naked!

My moment was brief. I just needed to drop something in the mailbox for the postal worker to retrieve. I peeked out the window to make sure no cars were passing and no neighbors were sitting on their porches. Then I leaned the top half of my body out the door just to double-check. And quickly I stepped out and did the deed with NO PANTS! I didn’t predict the joy of stepping out into “public” exactly as I was; I just did it.

And I’ll consider doing it again . . . in my writing, in my friendships, in my prayers.

4 comments:

Liz said...

There is a certain joy to be found in parading around naked. Well, maybe not parading around per say, but just enjoying being comfortable with or without your pants!

will smama said...

You do realize that you wrote, "My moment was 'brief'."

Ciona said...

My moment was brief . . . hahahaha!

Not only is it redundant, but it's quite a fun little play on words . . .

Who knew I could disregard and honor grammar all in one phrase?

Leslee said...

Hmm... I wonder if this is the same feeling small children get when they attempt to run around the house naked... LOVE IT!