30 May 2011

New web site

"A poet's autobiography is his poetry. Anything else is just a footnote." - Yevgeny Yevtushenko



I have a new web site coming, and I'm excited about it!

I’m launching a new site all about poets in June: JustAFootnote.com. It’s a place where I will talk about writerly things—the writing process, exercises that interest and challenge me as a poet and, most importantly, the stories of other poets whose narrations of life inspire me. Inspired by Yevtushenko’s quotation, I fully realize that snippets of a poet’s life are simply footnotes of a greater story that his or her poetry tells. Still, I hope we will all connect more deeply with poetry because of the inspiring lives of poets I know and share with readers of Just a Footnote.

Each week I’ll spend time with a different poet, and on Mondays I will feature a new poet on the site. Readers will get snippets of our conversations, photographs of the poet in his or her element, and a brief introduction to their work. I’ve got some amazing Nashville poets lined up and some fun contests, so make sure you check it out and come back often!

I’ll keep you posted when we launch.

In the meantime, love well . . .

Like my facebook page or follow me on Twitter for further updates!

No comments: