19 January 2009

Photo Tag

I was tagged by my dear friend Mary.

Here are the rules:
1. Choose the 4th folder where you store pictures on the computer.
2. Select the 4th picture in the folder.
3. Explain the picture.
4. Tag 4 people to do the same.
5. No cheating (cropping, editing, etc.)



So I'm not extremely organized with my photographs. So I have only 3 folders and then a bunch of folder-less images. So here is the fourth photo from the third folder. I was taking bellydance photographs one Saturday. I needed dramatic eyes, so I called the MAC makeup artists. My photographs were supposed to be at 8 am, so I had to get them to design my dramatic eyes the Friday before my photographs and teach me how to do it myself. I took this photograph on my sister's camera on Friday so that I'd have a reference look for Saturday morning. I didn't quite perfect the look when I did my own makeup, but I like my photographs all the same. Here's one of the professional photographs from Saturday afternoon's shoot (I actually had to reschedule at the last minute for later in the day because I couldn't find my dance veils, and a bellydancer can't take professional photographs without a veil in some of them. Turns out my roommate had my veils at her church after she and my sister needed to use fabric for a youth event and grabbed my veils while I was hula-hooping a half-marathon instead of thinking, "This fabric isn't mine, and it seems as if it's hemmed. Maybe I shouldn't use it to throw on a table at a youth art show." I was livid, and they witnessed the Rouse Wrath. ARGH! But it all worked out fine in the end):



Now, I tag Heather, Falguni, Melissa and Lane if you happen to ever read my rarely updated blog at all (and if you've not done this before).

3 comments:

Heather said...

Alrighty. Am off to do this. :)

Anonymous said...

Ciona!

I don't know how it is that I lost touch with your blog. I think it must have been when I started using google reader!

What a GORGEOUS photo! I'm going to my reader and adding your blog back! I have no idea what happened.

And funny you tag Lane because we keep all our pictures on my computer so his whole photo library is all like stuff we sold on Ebay... I'd be interesting to see what he finds in there.

MMS said...

I love the photo!!!!